Student Resources: Office of Non-Traditional Student Services

Job : September 01, 2022 |
Author: Abbie Cochrane |
Reading time: 2 minutes

No matter what phase of life you find yourself in, Southern Utah University offers education and enrichment that will help you thrive. With the help of the Office of Non-Traditional Student Services, returning students have many resources to help them graduate. Every T-Bird is SUU rated!

A student is considered non-traditional if they are married, divorced, widowed, or have dependent children. Additionally, you can qualify to be a non-traditional student if you have taken a break from your education for three or more years or are 25 or older.

But how does the Non-Trad Student Services Office personalize your education? In addition to individual attention and referrals to resources on and off campus, you are eligible for financial aid, equipment (refrigerator, microwave, photocopier/printer/fax machine, coffee machine, computers, etc.), specialized activities reserved for non-traditional students. , and the Non-Traditional Student Services Office provides a quiet place to do homework or just relax. You can also sign up for the non-traditional student newsletter to stay up to date with activities and important information.

There are also special scholarships available for non-traditional students. From housing to postgraduate scholarships, there is an open scholarship to cover whatever you want to apply for. Information regarding non-traditional scholarships can be found on their website.

For childcare, contact the Sorenson Legacy Foundation Center for Hope to help with your little ones. The mission of the Center for Hope is to provide student-parents at SUU with affordable on-campus child care, a preschool lab, and family and parenting support. As for non-traditional students who have dependent children and need financial assistance, a special resource is available to you. The CCAMPIS (Child Care Access Means Parents In School) grant comes from the Department of Education and is intended to help subsidize childcare costs. To determine if you qualify for this grant or to learn more about what it entails, visit the CCAMPIS website.

If you have any further questions, please contact the Office of Non-Traditional Student Services or visit them at the Sharwan Smith Student Center, ST 172. It’s never too late to start earning a college degree! Non-Traditional Student Services is here to help make the path clearer and easier as students of all ages and circumstances pursue their education.

Similar Items