Summer is a great time to gain experience through seasonal jobs, internships and volunteer work. Career Services will continue to post opportunities in Rent a red hawk all summer. Check out some new opportunities that have just been published:
Leisure on campus, Lifeguards
- Campus Loisirs is looking for lifeguards for this summer! We offer flexible hours, a variety of special events, and a fun work environment. Not yet certified? No problem! Just pass the American Red Cross lifeguard test, take our free lifeguard course, and then get paid to watch.
New summer jobs and internships Posted on Rent a red hawk
- The Borgen project: Political Affairs Intern (11374)
- Hiltzik strategies: RP Intern (13467)
- Catering services in Kandle: Dietetics intern (12647)
- JC greener (Jersey City): Stock market and marketing intern (13461)
- Information Technology Division: Technical / Wireless Study Assistant for Students (13858)
- Montclair film: Part-time teaching assistant (13564)
- Children in the game: Camp counselor (13691)
Keep checking Rent a red hawk throughout the break to search and apply for jobs and internships.
Think about the past year
This year you have gone through uncertain and difficult times. Think about the persistence, agility, and resilience needed to overcome these challenges. These are qualities that not only determine who you become in the future, but are also qualities that employers look for in new hires.
With this past year in mind, take the time to uncover your strengths, explore your interests, and decide what’s important to you. Career service offerings self-assessment tools to help you define your short and long term career goals. Summer vacation is a good time to take an assessment. Make sure you set up a meeting with your career advisor to review your results.
Improve and improve
Learn a new skill or refine a current skill set
- LinkedIn learning: Sign up for online courses that broaden your skills, add badges to your profile, and set you apart from other applicants. Online courses are a great way to keep your knowledge up to date and expand your understanding in your field.
- Summer sessions: If you are still unsure of your career path, try a course in another field for a better orientation. Montclair State offers a variety of summer skills building courses.
Refresh your CV
- Upload your CV for comments: You worked hard last year; make sure this is reflected on your CV and public professional profiles! Add any new activities and experiences as well as the skills and competences that you have acquired or strengthened. Include relevant courses and update your GPA! Then upload your CV to Rent a red hawk for Career Services reviews.
- Are you ready for a career? The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) has identified basic skills as a measure of career preparation. Evaluate if you have these skills and what you can improve on. When writing your resume and / or cover letter, be sure to highlight experiences that demonstrate these skills.
Prepare for upcoming or upcoming interviews
- Phone and video interviews are more common than ever, so make sure you’re comfortable with both mediums. Describe answers to common interview questions and practice calm, concise delivery with a friend via video chat. Learn the tips for successful virtual interviews.
- Mock interviews: Use the Rent a red hawk Mock Interview Module to hone your video interview skills and send to Career Services, a favorite teacher, or anyone else for feedback on your performance.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.